West Michigan Insulation uses two tests to check the effectiveness of the thermal envelope of your existing home.
Blower Door Testing
- Via depressurization, we are able to show visually and tactily the air penetrations in and out of your home.
- We get an initial reading on your home before any work begins. This established a baseline upon which our work will be measured at the end.
- The second, final test reveals how much our air-sealing work has tightened up your home.
- Can your home be too tight?
Infrared Camera Inspection
- With our state of the art infrared camera, we are able to "see" through your walls to find breaks in the insulation barrier.
- The infrared scan reveals area that are poorly insulated or not insulated at all.
- When performed in conjunction with a blower door test, we can identify the air-leakage points around your hme.
- We can also identify leaks inside your walls or below your roof.